Full name: Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf
Call name: Mufti Pertama Melaka (under British Malacca)
Born: circa 1860s
Birthplace: Pernu, Malacca
Deceased: 31 December 1928
Burial: Tanah Perkuburan Masjid Semabok, Bukit Semabok, Kg Semabok, Melaka
Makam Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf, Mufti Pertama Melaka. His makam is a bright orange shrine on a steep hillslope, quite near to kubur Pak Ji Usop and Mak Lah. His date of demise is inscribed on his shrine.Occupation: Mufti Pertama Melaka (under British Malacca)
Grandfather: Al Fadzil Tuan Haji Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah (asal Kelantan); 3 wives:
- Che Nah bt Haji Hasan (asal Tembelan, Riau)
- Che Yah bt Haji Hasan (asal Tembelan, Riau)
- Patimah/Patiah bt Haji Ahmad (asal Pernu, Melaka)
Grandson: Haji Abdul Rauf bin Haji Abdul Rahman
Father: Haji Abdul Rauf bin Haji Abdul Rahman (circa 1763-1883 Semabok), 2 wives:
- Hjh Hitam
- Hjh Seram
- Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf (asal Pernu, Melaka)
- Saadiah bt Haji Abdul Rauf (her son is Imam Tuan Haji Husin bin Haji Sulaiman)
- Busu bt Haji Abdul Rauf (her son is Imam Tuan Haji Yusof bin Buntal @ Pak Ji Usop Semabok, suami Mak Lah)
Children: 2 daughters:-
- Hjh Long bt Haji Ahmad (Mufti Pertama Melaka)
- Hjh Khadijah bt Haji Ahmad (Mufti Pertama Melaka)
Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf is said to have founded Masjid Semabok, Kg Semabok, Melaka.
Tuan Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf ialah pengasas Masjid Semabok, Kg Semabok, Melaka.
Masjid Semabok terletak di kaki Bukit Semabok.
Masjid Semabok telah diperbesarkan (renovated and became a big masjid).
|Masjid Semabok, front facade.|
The graveyard is behind the masjid in this photo.
Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf bin Haji Abdul Rahman
- He was the grandson of Al Fadzil Tuan Haji Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah (asal Kelantan).
- He was the son of Haji Abdul Rauf bin Haji Abdul Rahman and Hjh Hitam.
- His sisters are Saadiah and Busu.
- Busu is the mother of Imam Tuan Haji Yusuf bin Buntal @ Pak Ji Usop Semabok.
- Pak Ji Usop married Mak Lah (Ramlah bt Mohd Yusope bin Haji Mohd Sharif bin Ismail.
- Haji Mohd Sharif lived in Banda Hilir.
- Ismail is said to have come from Yemen and married Inche Nyonia bt Sahabudin (Imam Masjid Tengkera). The identity of Sahabudin is unknown.
- Theory 1: Sahabudin could have been Shabudin bin Arom/Harun (asal China). He converted to Islam and became Imam of Masjid Tengkera.
- Theory 2: Sahbudin @ Datuk Haji Shahbuddin bin Mohd Amin (asal Cirebon, Tanah Jawa). He is a descendant of Sunan Gunung Jati.
CALCULATING WHEN HIS CLOSE FRIEND LIVED
Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf (circa 1860s-1928; died 68 years old; asal Pernu/Imam Masjid Semabok) was the eldest of 3 friends. He was 10 years senior compared to his 2 close friends who were of similar age. The 3 were imams of 3 masjid at 3 different locations in British Malacca. His 2 junior friends were:
- Haji Mohd Sharif bin Ismail (asal Banda Hilir)
- Haji Abdul Latiff bin Haji Nuruddin (asal Tengkera)
Imam Kedua Masjid Banda Hilir, Melaka
- (Tok moyang) Haji Mohd Sharif (asal Banda Hilir) was Imam Kedua Masjid Banda Hilir).
- Ismail (asal Yaman) married Inchek Nyonia bt Sahabudin (asal Tengkera).
- Haji Mohd Sharif could have lived circa late 1860s-early 1870s (1872) and died circa 1906-1912.
- Haji Mohd Sharif died young.
- His eldest son Mohd Yusope bin Haji Mohd Sharif was born on 11 February 1896 and married Nenek Inchek circa April 1920.
- Haji Mohd Sharif had 5 children.
- If each child was 2 years apart, 5 children would be 10 years.
- Haji Mohd Sharif lived/died circa 1896 + 10 years = 1906, till 1912.
- If Hj Mohd Sharif bin Ismail was 25 when he married, he was therefore born in 1870/1871.
- So Haji Mohd Sharif possibly lived from 1871 to 1906 (died aged 35 years) or between 1871 and 1912 (died aged 41 years).
- Haji Mohd Sharif bin Ismail was as old as Haji Abdul Latiff bin Haji Nuruddin.
Haji Abdul Latiff bin Haji Nuruddin bin Haji Mohamed Saleh
Imam Masjid Tengkera, Melaka
- Haji Mohamed Saleh @ Nakhoda Nan Intan (asal Istana Pagaruyung, Payakubuh, Sumatera Barat, Dutch Indonesia).
- Haji Nuruddin @ Haji Tambi (asal Tengkera)
- Haji Abdul Latiff (1872-1939, died 65 years old; asal Tengkera)
Makam Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rauf, Mufti Pertama Melaka (bright orange)
Makamnya terletak di Tanah Perkuburan Masjid Semabok, Bukit Semabok, Melaka.
His orange shrine is on a steep hillslope.
|Photo from Amiruddin anak Kak Bibah.|
The orange shrine is at top left. A tiny road leads past pusara Pak Ji Usop & Mak Lah to the orange shrine. Pusara Pak Ji Usop & Mak Lah is nearer the road to masjid. The orange shrine is further uphill.