Sunday 29 April 2012

Tok Moyang Zainal bin Ismail, Klang (2)

From Abang Sharif, 25 April 2012 (edited):

When Tok Moyang Zainal passed away. Nenek Klang remarried an Indian convert or mamak. Tok Arshad called his step-father terompah buruk. They lived on Tok Moyang Zainal's land in Kg Baru (Jalan Raja Ali or Raja Alang). There was a big bungalow, I went there once with Nenek Nya Elok.

Tok Zainal had a lot of land. I do not know what happened to it all. From what I heard Nenek Klang changed the land title to her new husband and when she died the lands went to her husband. So Tok Moyang Zainal's siblings did not get anything. The lineage stops there. I have no knowledge about them.

As for Bik Ninggal she is living in Jalan Yadi, Klang. Pls call Muzlifah Ab Aziz anak Mak Nya 016-6937904. She is in Telok Gong. She always contacts them and she knows their house.

As for the Wasiat of Hj Mohd Sharif, pls send your email address I'll email to you. shariflobo@gmail.com

-----
From me (3 September 2013):
Tok moyang Zainal Klang was not a private tutor to Sultan Abdul Samad. I have no further information about Tok Zainal Klang's work at the palace.

------
From me (9 December 2021):
Tok  moyang Zainal Klang was Headmaster of Anglo-Chinese School (ACS) in Klang. There were 2 ACS schools - primary and secondary. He was probably HM at the primary school. Tan Sri Manickavasagam was a student at ACS Klang when Tok moyang Zainal was HM. Tok moyang Zainal Klang was probably there from 1898 till he retired in 1928. 

No comments:

Post a Comment