His name was mentioned to me by Syed Mohamad bin Syed Omar (Perlis). According to Syed Mohamad (if I understand it correctly), Ami Rahim is my grandfather's cousin, (anak) imam Masjid Banda Hilir, and who stayed at rumah Mahabob in Banda Hilir.
I informed him that I knew Mahabob's daughter, Mohaini bt Mahabob, as we were classmates in 1972 & 1973 at MGHS in Durian Daun, Melaka.
According to Syed Mohamad, Ami Rahim (Banda Hilir) and Ami Jelani (Penang) are cousins.
Is Ami Rahim the son of Tok Moyang Haji Noordin? Yes.
This Ami Rahim is the same man as Haji Abdul Rahim bin Haji Noordin, anak Tok Moyang Haji Noordin at 302 Banda Hililr. Tok Moyang Haji Noordin was the second Imam of Masjid Banda Hilir, after his elder brother Tok Moyang Haji Mohd Sharif died c1906.
Haji Abdul Rahim married twice: 1) Fatimah bt Bidin, 2) Ainon bt Hj Awal.
Haji Abdul Rahim bin Hj Noordin first married Fatimah bt Bidin. They had 3 sons: Mohamad, Mokhtar and Hj Mazlan.
I met Haji Mazlan once at Masjid Banda Hilir. He was a big, fair (pink) man and wore a white robe (jubah putih) with serban. At the time I did not know who he was as I had never met him before.
Haji Mazlan bin Haji Abdul Rahim appeared in a photo with Pak Saleh bin Mohd Yusope (adik Bapak), in front of Masjid Banda Hilir. Haji Mazlan and Pak Saleh are second cousins. Their fathers (Haji Abdul Rahim and Mohd Yusope) were first cousins.
|Second cousins: Haji Mazlan bin Haji Abdul Rahim (left) with Pak Saleh (adik Bapak). Photo from Bapak's pendrive circa 2007.|
Names and links:
- Namestring 1: Haji Mazlan bin Haji Abdul Rahim bin Haji Noordin bin Ismail.
- Namestring 2: Saleh bin Mohd Yusope bin Haji Mohd Sharif bin Ismail.
- Haji Noordin and Haji Mohd Sharif are brothers. The third and youngest brother is Zainal (Zenal) bin Ismail, who lived in Klang. I only met Tok Moyang Zainal (Zenal) of Klang.
- Haji Abdul Rahim (Ami Rahim) and Mohd Yusope (Bapak punya Walid) are first cousins.
- Haji Mazlan, Pak Saleh and Bapak are second cousins.