|Muhamad Salleh bin Mohd Amin|
(Tok Alang Kg Baru)
Full name: Muhamad Salleh bin Mohd Amin
Call name: Pak Long / Pak Lang / Tok Alang / Tok Alang Kg Baru
Relationship: adik-beradik Nenek Inche; abang Nenek Inche
Home address: Hale Road, Masjid Kampung Baru; a few doors down Jalan Princess
Wife: Sum bte Ahmad @ Mak Long / Mak Lang
(Note: Mak Lang is also written as Shamsiah bt Ahmad in Aunty Hasnah's BC. Her MyKad has the number 50 as her birth place (Sarawak) but she was probably born in KL.)
|Sum bte Ahmad @ Shamsiah bt Ahmad|
(Mak Lang/Nenek Alang)
Names of children:
- Zaiton (b.1.10.1946) - married to Zainal Abidin bin Ibrahim (84 Jln 2, Ampang Jaya, Selangor)
- Jamilah (b.23.7.1948) - married to Pak Cik Hassan bin Mohd Rashid (anak Tok Rashid, Serdang) (3 Desa Al-Amin, Kg Sg Tangkas, Kajang)
- Hasnah (b.16.7.1953) - married to Abdul Ghani Mohammed (deceased) (No. 94, Jln Bunga Kekwa 2/12, Shah Alam; 019-200 8121)
- Mohd Yusope (b.3.12.1955-d.9.1998) (unmarried; deceased Sept 1998 @ HKL)
- Abdul Latiff (b.1.1.1958-d.5.2005) (unmarried; deceased May 2005 @ Hospital Klang)
- Hamzah - married Nor Jannah Hassan (No 23, Jln Nakhoda Kiri 3, Kg Nakhoda, Batu Caves; 013-345 7711)
- Zulkifli - married; first wife passed away May 2007; re-married, to Aida A. Rahim, second wife (17 Jalan P9 A/4, Presint 9, Putrajaya)
From Bapak:Pak Long (Pak Lang) would wake up Bapak for Subuh prayers. Bapak respects and loves Pak Long (but he didn't say why).
Bapak (HARMY = Haji Abdul Rashid bin Mohd Yusope)
13 October 2007
From me:I remember Pak Lang. He was very thin and very tall. He usually wore a white Chinese singlet and a blue-white kain pelekat. Whenever we visited Pak Lang at home in Kampung Baru, Bapak and Pak Lang would talk and their conversation was endless. I don't know what they talked about. Mak Lang would always cook lunch for us. It took her very long to cook as she had to go to pasar first and then clean the fish and vegetables before she got down to cooking. I could die waiting for lunch to be ready. I don't understand why she took so long to cook. I later found out that she didn't have a stove and was sharing a stove with a neighbour in the vicinity, at "rumah atas". That explains it I guess.
Mak Cik Jamilah/Makcik Mila (Jamilah bt Muhamad Saleh) said she is the eldest child of Pak Lang and Mak Lang but Bapak said to me that Pak Lang had another daughter and Makcik Mila was second. I don't know which one to believe. I will leave it as that.
From Mak:Mak said the family was doing well by selling wedding linen and prep (perhiasan perkahwinan). They were very good seamstress and made beautiful wedding stuff for Malay weddings. One of their best products is the wedding bed cover and throw pillows which nobody else in KL could make. I've seen a blue bed cover they made and that was very well-sewn despite not having a sewing machine. A lot of their handiwork was hand-sewn.
From Zulkifli bin Mohd Salleh (2 September 2013):
Children of Mohd Salleh Mohd Amin & Sum Bte Ahmad :- 1. Zaiton 2. Jamilah 3. Hasnah 4. Mohd Yusope (deceased) 5. Abdul Latiff (deceased) 6. Hamzah 7. Zulkifli (this is me)
From Hamzah bin Mohd Salleh, anak Pak Lang & Mak Lang (21 May 2014):
Mak Lang is still alive and lives with Hamzah.
Hamzah Mohd. Salleh (DOB 16 Feb 1963)
23 Jalan Nakhoda Kiri 3
Kg. Nakhoda, Bt. Caves, Selangor 68100.
Spouse: Nor Jannah Hassan (DOB 19 March 1964)
- Mohammad Khair Hamzah (DOB 26 Nov 1985 @ Kitchener, ON, Canada)
- Maryam Hamzah (DOB 17 Nov 1987 @ Kitchener, ON, Canada)
- Munira Hamzah (DOB 22 May 1989 @ Kitchener, ON, Canada), married to Salman
- Muhsin Hamzah (DOB 26 June 1990 @ Kitchener, ON, Canada)
- Mohammad Haneef Hamzah (DOB 18 Aug 1993 @ Kitchener, ON, Canada)
|Family of Tok Alang. Photo from his son.|
|Enlarged photo of Tok Alang's family.|
Rumah Tok Alang Kg Baru, KL
Photos by Aunty Siti Aishah Mohd Ali, anak Tok Ali Kedah & Nenek Endon.
|Kelab Sultan Sulaiman, Kg Baru, KL|
|8 Jalan Kelab Sultan Sulaiman|
|12 Jalan Kelab Sultan Sulaiman|