Tuesday 11 June 2013

Haji Mohammed Saleh (4)

Tracing the descendants of Nakhoda Nan Intan in Tranquera, Malacca


Faridah Abdul Rashid
Encik Ismail bin Hamid, Secretary of JK Masjid Tranquera called and asked about Nakhoda Nan Intan. Nakhoda Nan Intan had built Masjid Tengkera in 1728, much earlier than Masjid Batu Uban in Penang which was built in 1734. His descendants today are concentrated near Masjid Tengkera, however, they are Indians. Muzium Melaka wants the history of Masjid Tengkera. I can only provide what I know. Do you know? Can you help? My blog is at 262 Banda Hilir.

  • Ayah Wan Merican Noordin Try and contact Khairuddin Shah of Shah Motel. I believe he would know about this. Also, you can contact Mohd. Thurai Abdullah, who is the manager of Maybank HQ. He is from there.

    Faridah Abdul Rashid Shah Motel where?

    Ayah Wan Merican Noordin Khairuddin Shah maybe at Shah Motel, Petaling Jaya. There is also a Shah Motel in Melaka, and apparently he is from Melaka. His uncle was the Ketua Kampong there.
      Shah’s Village Motel
      Hotel Rate: 3 Stars
      Tel: +603 7955 5522
      Address:
      3&5, Lorong Sultan, 46710 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
    Website:http://www.shahsresorts.com/petalingjaya/ http://www.agoda.com/asia/malaysia/kuala_lumpur/shah_s_village_hotel
    Shah's Beach Resort
    9KM Tanjung Kling, Melaka Tengah, Malacca / Melaka, Malaysia 76400
    http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review
    Heritage Library at Shah's Beach Resort, Malacca.
    May contain Nakhoda Nan Intan's family tree and travels.

    Maybank HQ 
    Keuntungan sebelum cukai Maybank bagi suku pertama yang berakhir para 31 Mac, 2013, meningkat 12.8 peratus kepada RM2.13 bilion daripada RM1.89 bilion yang dicatatkan pada tempoh yang sama tahun lepas.
    Pendapatan bagi suku tersebut melonjak kepada RM8.23 bilion daripada RM7.872 bilion yang dicatatkan sebelumnya.
    Pertumbuhan pinjaman tahunan bagi suku pertama tahun kewangan 2013 meningkat sebanyak 5.8 peratus kepada RM322.5 bilion, lebih rendah berbanding sasaran pertumbuhan pinjaman tahun penuh pada 12 peratus, disebabkan terutamanya penurunan pertumbuhan pinjaman domestik pada 5.3 peratus bagi asas tahunan.
    Artikel Penuh: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/Ekonomi/20130527/ek_06/Pinjaman-domestik-Maybank-dijangka-meningkat---Penganalisis#ixzz2VvEpOTtn© Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd 
    Muhammad Thurai Abdullah
    Assistant Vice President
    Malayan Banking Berhad
    Menara Maybank,
    100 Jalan Tun Perak,
    50050 Kuala Lumpur
    Malaysia
    Tel: 00-603-2074-7383
    Fax:00-603-2072-2504
    Email: mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my

    The Maybank server returned an error message: reason 550 - No such user
     Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@mayproof03.maybank.com.my>
    00:12 (9 hours ago)
    to me
    The original message was received at Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:12:02 +0800
    from mail-oa0-f43.google.com [209.85.219.43]
       ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my>
        (reason: 550 mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my... No such user)
       ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to [172.31.13.12]:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my... No such user
    550 5.1.1 <mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my>... User unknown
    <<< 503 Issue RCPT TO: command before DATA command
    Final-Recipient: RFC822; mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.1.1
    Remote-MTA: DNS; [172.31.13.12]
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my... No such user
    Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:12:11 +0800
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Faridah Abdul Rashid
    To: mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my
    Cc:
    Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:10:26 +0800
    Subject: Tracing Nakhoda nan Intan's families, Makam Shabuddin in Tranquerah and Dato HM Shah
    Muhammad Thurai Abdullah
    Assistant Vice President
    Malayan Banking Berhad
    Menara Maybank,
    100 Jalan Tun Perak,
    50050 Kuala Lumpur
    Malaysia
    Tel: 00-603-2074-7383
    Fax:00-603-2072-2504
    Email: mohdthuraiabd@maybank.com.my

    Assalamu'alaikum,

    I obtained your name from Ayah Wan Merican Noordin in my Facebook.
    I'm tracing a few people and stories about them.
    I'm writing to ask whether you would know about the following:

    1. Nakhoda Nan Intan and his families
    2. Makam Shabuddin in Tranquerah
    3. Dato HM Shah's family

    Encik Ismail bin Hamid, Secretary of JK Masjid Tranquera called me earlier today (11 June 2013) to ask re Nakhoda nan Intan. I am a 10th generation of descendants from Nakhoda Nan Intan from my late father's side who was from Banda Hilir, Malacca. My father also had family ties to Dato HM Shah's family. My father mentioned there is a Makam Shahbuddin in Tranquerah. Would you happen to know about any of the above? This is my blog on this matter: http://262bandahilir.blogspot.com/

    TQ

    Prof Faridah Abdul Rashid
    Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, Kelantan

2 comments:

  1. Salam, my Grandmother is Hjh Rafeah who is the sister to Hj Abdul Latif b Hj Tamby She was the only sister and daughter of Hj Tamby Mohd Saleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaikumussalam. TQ for your info.

    ReplyDelete